terça-feira, 28 de maio de 2013

“If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, will answer you: I am here to live out loud.” (Émile Zola)

Ciao everyone, my name is Giovanna and i'm from Italy. I wrote you to talk about something amazing that happened to me! I travelled in time... you don't believe it? Keep reading and you'll see :b
I was in my room, bored because I needed to do a work about art, and I kind of like art, but I don't completely understand the real message of the paintings! In the end I don't understand nothing at all... 
Anyway I was thinking in my favorite pop art artists and I remembered of Romero Britto. I started dreaming and in my dream I was watching him painting his famous paint of Michael Jackson. Suddently.... BUUM, I was there, with Romero Britto and he was painting Michael Jackson (one of my biggest idol :D). 
Here comes a short biography about Romero Britto, why he painted MJ, some characteristics of his paint and a brief comment about pop art and why he is considered an pop art artist.

Romero Britto (born on October 6, 1963) portrayed Michael Jackson in Santa Marta, on July 16, 2009.
Exhibition in Germany - Portrait in Tribute to Michael Jackson (ohh so sweet gesture ^^,)


 

Romero Britto was invited by singer Michael Jackson, in 2002, to produce the album cover especially for the victims of September 11. Later, Britto was invited by the singer to stay in Neverland, the place of the king of pop, and as compensation for the invitation, the painter gifted singer Michael Jackson with his many portraits.
«It was kind of a unique sweet and polite. My pen fell and he caught me. Shy, sad, suffering, that's how I see it. His suffering led him to leave so soon and so young» regrets Britto :'c

His art is a mixture of some typical stylistic graphic of comics. Dilution is what strengthens this innovative art, is what Romero proposes to instigate the art with the joy of color. It unites the influences of cubism with pop, to create a vibrant, iconic style that The New York Times describes exudes warmth, optimism and love.
It is a self-taught artist, began in 1983 to combine the Cubism of Picasso to Andy Warhol pop. His works caught the attention of celebrities by their joy and color.
Most of the works of Romero Britto, he uses graphic texture and usually they deal with important issues of the day-to-day. His works, mostly, are not exactly equal to reality, they include lines, points, divisions and fragments of his signature (largely the work).

Romero Britto is considered a pop art painter, because it uses common objects to their works (animals, teens, famous, kings and queens, scenes from everyday life as being in love and enjoy the company we like, fruit, cartoon figures) such as pop art reflects everyday life and common objects. The artists of pop art use also common images from everyday culture, including advertisements, consumer goods, celebrities, photographs, comic strips.
He uses and abuses of colors and their contrasts, plays with various geometric shapes and transmits color, happiness, energy, joy and hope in a single painting. Just like in pop art in which artists use bold, flat colors and hard edge compositions that adopt from commercial designs found in billboards, murals, magazines and newspapers.
Initially Britto had no money to buy canvases and painted it in newspapers and pieces of trash picked up. Currently he works in mosaics, fabrics and other materials. The artists of pop art using materials including acrylic paints, plastics, photographs, fluorescent and metallic colors.
The pop art is known by the use of new Technologies and methods as known as mass production, fabrication, photography, printing and serials.


 I'm so excited for having this dream, trip, whatever you like to call it... to the past and be able to watch one of the greatest artist of pop art: Romero Britto while he was painting *.* I'm sure my teacher will love my work, because I sure do love it :D 

Published by: Catarina Pires

1 comentário:

  1. Mark - A-. Congratulations for your analysis, Catarina. There are only a few details we need to analyse in class tomorrow, concerning formal aspects.

    ResponderEliminar