segunda-feira, 27 de maio de 2013

Towards a definitive statement on the coming trends in men’s wear and accessories a) Together let us explore the stars, 1962.

So, there I was in the beautiful Germany, enjoying everything the country could bring me, when my friend (an art freak) dragged me to a Richard Hamilton’s art exhibition. First I was really bored, but then I actually started to enjoy it… I and now I am so happy about the fact that I went there because my teacher told me to do a commentary on a pop art work.

I really enjoy it the work that was in exhibition, but when I start searching for more, I really fall in love with the master piece with the title: Towards a definitive statement on the coming trends in men’s wear and accessories a) Together let us explore the stars. It is from 1962.

This work is from the beginning of is careers and it is one part of a series of four canvas whose title is withdrawn from a header of a Playboy’s article.

In it, the artist examinee the concept of masculinity through a collage of a series of images taken from the popular press, catalogs and technical references to current affairs.


Here, we can see that just like in others works of pop art; the artist used objects of daily life and does a work where it is not for the elite but for everyone with really simple contexts.


published by: Margarida 

1 comentário:

  1. Mark - B. Well done. Nevertheless, there are some mistakes concerning grammar and sentence structure that we will analyse tomorrow in class. There are a few aspects in terms of techniques and the explanation of the title that you could have analysed more deeply.

    ResponderEliminar