sábado, 8 de dezembro de 2012

A surprise trip

"I woke up early in the morning, supposedly a normal day, I got up, brushed my teeth and got ready for another day of classes, the last day of the week (Thank God). When I went down to go get breakfast, I saw my parents whispering very quietly and when they saw me, they left just as if they had been caught. How strange. I ignored and ate my cereal. They took me and my sister to school. Yes, I have a sister. And by the way my name is Nathan and my sister is Jamie. I am 12 years old and she has 5. Well, finished the presentations, we went to school ...

(...)


Hello, hello again.  I already can continue to count how was my day, that just improve with the end of classes. Now yes I have a close up weekends to myself. Thanks Godness. When my parents came to get me to school, I noticed there were even stranger than the morning, I saw my sister very quiet and thought: "How strange it is usually not so quiet" something was wrong, but I did not know what it was. While my father was driving I noticed that he was not doing the normal route and we were not going home, I turned too quickly and asked, "Why do not we go home?". They ignored me and I repeated the question, this time they heard, but still did not respond. I asked again, angry, and this time answered each in his own way, "Come to Grandma" / "We go to the supermarket" Ahaha they were caught. I continued to ask questions trying to figure out what we would do. Until I see that we reached the airport. I was astounded. Airport? How could it be? I turned to face my parents and they looked at me smiling. Finally explained to me that we were going to Lapland. Yes, Lapland, the land of Father Christmas. Do not know if you know, but I LOVE Father Christmas, despite knowing that it does not exist, he's always been a very important figure to me and always made ​​my Christmas much fun, like listening my father arguing with my mother because he hates carrots and had to eat a half to pretend that Santa Claus existed. Ahaha I miss those times. Just wait a bit, because we will do the check-in.

(...)

Come to Lapland was a dream come true, that everything here is beautiful. All whitey clear and very cold. But people are very nice, and we were housed in a rustic lodge-style, the rooms are beautiful and very warm. In a little time, we think we'll have dinner and eat salmon because  is a fish very common here. Maybe sooner we can go sightseeing and glimpse the Northern Lights that are phenomena that happen here often in the winter. I can only say, before going to shower, this is the best Christmas ever.


Ho Ho Ho
Merry Christmas"
Published by: Catarina

1 comentário: