sábado, 15 de dezembro de 2012

Let it Snow Let it Snow

Oh, well… Hi, my name is Gillian and I am from New York, yes, I know it is a beautiful city, full of life, but today I am not here to talk about my city, but about my amazing and different Christmas, without snow…

It was the first Christmas I spent alone! I was bored with my life. In that year I was fired, I lost my boyfriend, I move to a town far, far away from my parents.

I felt miserable, so a friend of mine advice me to do something for me, so without thinking twice I bought a ticket to Mexico…most exactly in Guadalajara! I spent a lot of money, money I didn’t quite have, but was worth it… oh it was!

Well first of all, my stay was in a hotel namedCamino Real Guadalajara, WHY? Because the internet said so, it had so many likes, and it was in front of a mall and in 15 minutes from the center of the city.

Guadalajara, it is one of the few cities of the Mexico, that still have a lot of Mexican Traditions, it is peaceful, but in the nights it changes and becomes modern and frenetic… But first of getting drunk, I had to pray a little, came one, it was Christmas… so I went to the Cathedral, it is huge and beautiful, my eyes didn’t stop moving, I didn’t know to what to look, everything was perfect.

Then, I had to eat fish tacos with Guacamole and ships, and I can tell you that, that was tacos, the ones We eat in America they are good, but the tacos in Mexico… my God, two words: LEGEN….DARY =)

And OMG, the sombreros, I never laugh so much in my life, the dances, the music, the mariachis, everything was so funny, so entertaining, I had the time of my life. In the last restaurant that I went, with some Americans that I met in my hotel, they went to our table and start singing, and dancing to us, it was wonderful; I had a smile the all time.

They don’t have Christmas traditions, but they have others, in November and December (December the month I went there), it happen the International Fair of Books in Guadalajara, and… books are like my sin, so I went home with some more kilograms in my bag.

It was a very spectacular travel, and I want to repeat the experience (Because now I have a job and I am saving to go again to the city, that fills my dreams, with dances, guitars and sombreros)

Oh, I almost forget, before I went home I had to drink a glass of Tequila… and yes it is much better in the city where it was invented :b
MERRY CHRISTMAS
Published by Margarida

1 comentário:

  1. A different Christmas for sure but full of warmth and happiness. Those are the most important things! Well done!

    ResponderEliminar