terça-feira, 12 de março de 2013

Advantages of Globalization


Did you miss us? Yeah, yeah… but we have a life outside this blog you know?


So, today we are going to talk about GLOBALIZATION, a very interesting subject I have to say…

Well, let’s be honest I love globalization! As you may have realized I love travelling but I terrified of big distances, I hate travels that take days and globalization made possible to “travel without getting very far”… If you want to drink a coffee in Starbucks you don’t need to go to New York, Portugal have them too.


But, drink a coffee in the streets of the fifth avenue in New York with sun glasses and a lot of bags in your arms, is something spectacular, but the crises hit us all so…


The truth is, globalization is awesome to the lazy ones, like me, you see… you can get everything from everywhere without get very far from you couch and your beloved TV, you have the world in your house, you don’t need to live your country to discover new things… I believed that the statement that better represent the term Globalization is «Se Maomé não vai á montanha, a montanha vai a Maomé», which translated is, If Mohammed will not go to the mountain, the mountain will go to Mohammed.

So you don’t want to go to China for example, you can turn on your computer and know all about the Great Wall of China or you can go to the Chinese restaurant near to your house and experiment the wonderful food…

 
However, I am still of the old school, I like to know things when I am in the place, go to the bitches of Malibu is very different of see pictures, just like go to Rome to see the Pope is a lot different from see him in the TV, Globalization is great, but I will continue to traveler because like I said going to the streets of New York and drink a coffee from Starbucks, is not the same of drink that coffee in the streets of somewhere else, the feeling is different.
 
 
Published by: Margarida

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário