quinta-feira, 27 de setembro de 2012


The tour that the British made, change a lot of their language, for example when they first arrived in America they didn’t had names for the animals and plants that exist there, so they borrowed the words used by the natives. (The History of English in 10minutes)

We are in the year of 1620; my name was lost in time… a lot of the British people including me, were tired of the persecution that was felt in England, we want freedom to choose our religion. Where it led us? To America.
Me and my lovely wife arrived in a ship named Mayflower; we were searching for freedom in our religion choice and prosperity. The journey was tough, she was pregnant, the food was not good or even enough, and the waves were so big and had so much strength that made a man disappeared in less than a minute, I saw so many dying, with diseases that I never had the knowledge before… but fortunately we arrived, exhausted but happy. Our life were just began.
When we put our feet in the new world, we start a new adventure together, and I couldn’t think a better place to have my child that in this wonderful country, so different and untouched…
Our little puritan group gave rise to the colony Massachusetts.
This country had so many surprises waiting for us, one day I was taking care of my little garden, watching my wife breastfeeding my child, when this strange animal that I never had seen before appeared, he was sneak and had an angry face… but only several days later that I discovery that his name was raccoon, according to the natives. 



Published by: Margarida 

1 comentário:

  1. A clever and original way of portraying the linguistic journey that English has gone through. I specially enjoy the first-person narrator you have created, which gives your post a rather captivating tone.

    ResponderEliminar